What we don't collect
- Your translation data (your source text and/or your target text) will not be collected by us. You connect directly to the machine translation servers except when using a proxy or translating PDF files. Check the Privacy Statement of the MT providers you use for more information about how they handle your data.
- When you use the built-in proxy, your translation data passes through our proxy server encrypted.
- We have no way to obtain your credit card information. Such information is processed exclusively by the payment service provider.
What we save on our server
- Fastspring.com, our reseller, sends us your personal information you provide when you make a payment.
- We save your language pair information so that we can better communicate with you.
- we save your IP.
- We save the number of characters you translate using GT4T.
- We save a unique hardware code that serves as a "fingerprint" of your hardware for licensing purposes. It contains no information about your actual hardware configuration.
- The time when you most recently used GT4T to translate.
- The name of the MT engines of which you pick the translations may be collected anonymously to help us determine the quality of MT engines.
Your information is saved on a server located in London, United Kingdom, and backed up to a server located in Los Angeles, California.
Situations when a third party is involved
- Your IP may be submitted to apis.map.qq.com and/or api.ipgeolocation.io when you use GT4T so that the GT4T app can know your approximate position and connect you to the nearest automatic translation server.
- When you translate PDF files using GT4T File Translator, the files may be submitted to file.duhuitech.com for conversion and will be deleted from the remote servers within two hours.